Apt doesn't obey the equivs directions.

Package: apt
Version: 0.1.9

    The package "apt" doesn't obey the directions provided by the equivs
package ("dpkg" does).

    I had to change the file
/var/state/apt/lists/<mirror>_debian_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages
adding the contents of the /etc/equivs.conf file at the end of the
"Provides:" line, in the equivs section, to solve the problem. But, I
guess that the next "apt-get update" will screw up the dependencies
again...

    I don't know this is a problem either in apt or in equivs... Sorry.

- Packages information:

    equivs 1.0.5-3

- System information:

    Debian 2.1 (slink)