Re: compilation of (gnome-)apt

In foo.debian-deity, you wrote:
> [big snip]
> IMHO this indicates a broken gnome development environment. Any hints
> or should I wait for the next gnome updates!?

Of course Havoc was correct about libart-dev and the other one.
In general, if make or configure fails from a missing file, installing
the relevant *-dev file will fix it.  You can usually gleem what the
package name is supposed to be from the error message.

The problem is not limited to the gnome development environment.  The
problem is a lack of Source-depends for Debian.  I understand that this
will change in the near future.  Until then, you can only rely on the
the package to get you the other packages needed to _run_ the program,
not _build_ the program.  To develop, you must still do a little looking
around.

-Mitch