"Offline" apt

Hello, apt developers,

I'm terribly sorry someone already sent me
information on this, but I deleted it. :-(

My question is:
How can one make apt spool the list of
packages to get on a removable medium,
which can be then carried to another
computer with a better network connection.
Ideally it should be possible to switch
easily between normal and 'spooling' apt
operation, because I want get single packages
the normal way via my usual dialup connection,
but large transfers like dist-upgrade by
the removable media method.

It would be also nice to have a switch smiliar
to -s that shows all URLs to be downloaded,
that it can be processed with tools like wget
on a non-debian System.
The kind poster of the mail I deleted said
this was possible with the apt version in CVS.
Can anyone direct me to some information how
to use the debian/apt CVS server do you have
CVS snapshots available?

Thanks in advance,

Florian Laws