Re: MD5 sums

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Michael Sobolev wrote:

> Hmm...  Let me emphasis the word `downloaded'  :)

If you use --print-uris APT will show the expected MD5's of the files it
downloads and you can compare them. But really, if you don't trust your
disk drive then who is to say that
  a) Unpacking packages won't unpack crap anyhow
  b) The contents won't change from the time apt checks it to when it
     calls dpkg

If your disk had past problems then I suggest
  mv /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb /var/cache/apt/archives/partial/

Then 'redownload' them - APT will check the MD5's and deal with bad ones
properly - you might have to 'redownload' twice however.