Re: [ANNOUNCE] APT 0.3.2 released!

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 12:56:30PM -0800, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>     Richard> Looks great ;-} Would it be possible to support socks
>     Richard> gateway lusers (like me)?
>
>     Richard> I'd think that simply adding a -lsocks[5] to the link
>     Richard> would be sufficient to support both socks and non-socks
>     Richard> access.
>
> Can you test this? If adding a -lsocks5 is all we need, then we can
> probably do it no problem, but that would require moving libsocks5
> to the required section.

Um - _is_ there a socks5 in Debian? I've packaged socks5 (as Richard knows),
but the license is incompatible with DFSG (or even non-free :-(). I'll look
at the free socks sometime - it looks like it should be stable!

NEC socks-1.0r7 doesn't like glibc2.1 (but maybe it just needs a recompile?)

Cheers

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Avoid tiresome goat sacrifices  -=-  use Debian Linux http://www.debian.org