More thoughts on gnome-apt

  Ok, I've got yet more suggestions for gnome-apt.  Hope no-one minds my
noisiness. ;-)

  I don't think (after using Apt a little) that Apt marks packages which are
new after the package lists have been updated.  This is a fairly important
feature, IMO.  Maybe it does it and I didn't realize though.

  It would be easier to find broken packages if the red text propagated up the
tree; ie, if I have a broken package in X11, the tree item for X11 would use red
text. (but other X11 packages wouldn't)

  Sometimes there are so many packages listed that the scroll bar won't take
me to all of them.

  I don't know whether apt currently does this because I'm not near this point,
but it would be nice if it checked that you had enough free space on the
filesystem before it started working (to avoid getting 1/2 way through an
upgrade and running out of space)

  gnome-apt should come with an icon. ;-)  (the line-art penguin would be
                                            good..)

  Is it really necessary to display packages which have no available version?
I can..perhaps..see a few benefits to tracking them, but unless they're
installed, it seems to be redundant to display them since there's no way
to install them; they just clutter up the display.

--
  Daniel Burrows

  Nothing is hopeless.

  PROOF:
(a) Assume the opposite.
(b) If something _is_ hopeless, then its condition can only improve.
(c) If its condition can only improve, then there must be hope for it.
(d) Therefore, nothing is hopeless.  QED.