Re: Gnome-apt debs now available

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> Might just say 'send them to apt@packages.debian.org' which is this list
> that you and havoc are on - it also should be listed as the maintainer
> field for gnome-apt.

OK, I get the first bug reports to head off you guys: search for 'gnome,'
it seems to get stuck in FindTag() in some infinite loop. Scratch that:
search for 'gtk', it dies too. I know 'gtk' used to work. Anything change
in that part of apt-pkg lately? I had a local patch returning the long
description already, so that change isn't it.

Bug report #2: the widgets on the right-click popup menu are NULL when it
starts up, so gnome-apt can't save a pointer to them and they don't get
their sensitivity and state (active/inactive) set. Basically the popup
menu's functionality is hosed. This must be a matter of gnome-libs
changing underneath me; it works fine here with an older version. I'll
investigate upstream.

If you see a bunch of warnings whenever you select an item that's caused
by trying to update these NULL menus.

Havoc