Apt question

Hi there.  apt is wonderful!

Ok now that I've said that, is there any plan to have any other config
files we can use to tell apt either what packages we use (partial list
*, etc) or what packages to not upgrade?  The problem comes in when
I have package in stable that an unstable version comes out in that
distribution.  Then it upgrades to the unstable.  Fine, except I only
have apt listing the unstable archive for 5-10 "experimental" projects
I work on.

I know I could just comment out unstable except when my upgrades are
available..but then I still have to trick apt to think that the other
packages (that I try to keep only from stable) don't need to be upgrade.

Did that make sense?  If not let me know and I'll actually spend time
thinking of examples to send.

THanks
dmz