Re: gnome-apt screenshot, more questions

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> It's nice to see the progress. I have a slight comment on the
> listview though: can you remove the lines between items? Also
> at a later stage the background of the icons will probably have
> to be made transparent, or the same color as the background.

Easy enough to remove the lines between items. I will probably change it
to work like the regular GtkCList eventually (it has lines but less
obtrusive ones).

Transparency on the pixmaps is supposed to happen but isn't and I haven't
bothered to look into it yet. We can't just match the background because
the background is set by the theme or an rc file.

Most of the view details are theme/gtkrc-determined, including all colors,
presence or non-presence of relieved borders, checkbutton appearance,
scrollbar appearance, fonts, etc. So for the most part we only need to
worry about layout. The screenshot is with my own private theme, so it
looks slightly different with stock Gtk.

Havoc