Re: Size of a du index for packages (Complete index = 74 K)

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> Hi,

> Yes, we need to have the full listing to take care of all the cases
> out there. Also, as far as I can see, the size was reduced from 9xk
> to 7Xk; and we should ask, is the saving in size worth it?  IMHO, a
> 100K du file is way better than I expected (I still am interested in
> seeing how this datum was generated, my off the cuff calculations
> indicated a size several times larger).

I just unpacked each and every Package in hamm/binary-m68k in turn and
run a du on it. :)
The 74 K file will thus only contain directories in the data.tar.gz
files and not config files generated during installation. But the error
per Package should be way less than the 5% extra space per drive one
normaly has.

> 	manoj

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn