Re: *--* 1998-05-19 laptop/apt bo->hamm upgrade report

Hi all :)

deity-digest-request@lists.debian.org said:
> * X11 upgrade was not as smooth as it should be.  xdm should not
> be started during xbase configure step, or else it should only be
> started conditionally, given that we could monitor that it was
> starting ok.  Probably easier not to start it at all, but rather
> to instruct the user how to test it and tell them to boot to get
> it going?

Note that lots of times, a reboot will be at best inconvenient or at worst, a
major interruption of service and hence not an option for some people or
situations.

So I suggest that we let them know how to do things without rebooting.

-Jim
who can't vote here.