Re: Bug in apt 0.0.13 (?)

On Mon, 25 May 1998, Amos Shapira wrote:

> I was updating a hamm server box using apt 0.0.13 when I got the
> following messages:
> Updating package status cache...done
> Checking system integrity...ok
> 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> 1 packages not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 0b of archives. After unpacking 0b will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> dpkg: ../../../dpkg/packages.c:191: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.

This is not an APT problem, this is dpkg giving the error. From the dpkg
source I can't easially deduce what this check is checking for.. It looks
to me like dpkg may be having problems trying to configure, but I'm not
sure why. Try adding --force-depends and --force-depends-version and
running dpkg --configure -a. Also try adding some debug flags.

Ask on debian-devel, perhaps someone has had this error from dpkg before?

Maybe try removing the offending package? Make sure you have enough disk
space, check that your status file is not corrupted in any way?