problem with apt 0.0.13

my situation : i wanted to install pilot-link. it depends on tcl7.6 and tk4.2
but because i consider these packages obsolete, i grabbed the source and
recompiled the whole thing with tcl/tk8.0. i installed it, and everything
works fine.

but i didn't increase the version number. and now apt says :
Checking system integrity...dependency error
Correcting dependencies...ok
Sorry, but the following packages are broken - this means they have unmet
dependencies:
  pilot-link: Depends:tcl7.6 Depends:tk4.2
Press enter to continue.

the version on my system doesnßt have this problem :
aj@dungeon:~$ dpkg -s pilot-link
Package: pilot-link
Section: otherosfs
Installed-Size: 799
Maintainer: Mark W. Eichin <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
Version: 0.8.7-1
Depends: libc6, libreadlineg2 (>= 2.1-4), libstdc++2.8 (>= 2.90.26-1),
ncurses3.4, tcl8.0, tk8.0, xlib6g (>= 3.3-5)

so this information was taken from available :
Package: pilot-link
Section: otherosfs
Installed-Size: 779
Maintainer: Mark W. Eichin <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.8.7-1
Depends: libc6, libg++272, libreadlineg2 (>= 2.1-4), ncurses3.4, tcl7.6,
tk4.2, xlib6g (>= 3.3-5)

what do you think ? i guess it's a bug in apt - mixing the information from
two sources. because i don't want to upgrade pilot-link, it should use the old
information, not the new.

dselect has no problems with this situation.

btw : install does nothing beside the above error message. but it seems to
return an ok : dselect moves its cursor to "config" ...

andreas