Re: apt: E: Packages file p has changed.

On 14 May 1998, Christophe Broult wrote:

> Package: apt
> Version: 0.0.9
>
> I was very happy with using the apt method but now I get an error.
>
> I get the error message mentioned in the subject and I can't use apt
> to upgrade my system. What should I do to correct the problem?
> Meanwhile I've switch back to using the ftp method.

This is interesting, can you compress up and send over
/var/cache/apt/*.bin ?

It sounds like one of the files got corrupted somehow? After making a copy
of the .bin files erase them and run [U]pdate again and see what happens..

Can you attach your sources.list as well?

Thanks,