Keyword List

Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

>At long last...  I've finally collected the proposed starting list of
>keywords for official policy consideration.  This is not meant to be
>an exhaustive list.  Developers are free to add their own where fitting
>but should always try to use a "standardized" keyword if one exists and
>fits the purpose.

I think the biggest risk with the keyword system is that developers
will neglect to list relevant keywords.  This makes searches less
dependable.

I propose that the Policy should include something like this:

	The package control file must list all "standard" keywords
	that are relevant to the package.  It may list additional
	keywords that the developer thinks are helpful.  Suggested
	additions to the list of "standard" keywords should be
	discussed on debian-devel.

I also suggest that the standard list of keywords should include
"access" for disability-related packages.

                                  - Jim Van Zandt

p.s. I suspect that about half the keywords would be relevant for emacs.