Feature Suggestion for APT

Hi all,

I have some comments about the great program apt-get and would like to share
it with you:

1.	I hope future version of APT could have ftp/http proxy capability
included.
2.	I got the following error message when trying to run "apt-get -y
upgrade"
*	E: Could not open lock file ../lock - open (13 Permission denied)
*	E: Couldn't lock the Output dir, /var/cache/apt/archives another
process is using it.

The directory /var/cache/apt/archives is actually NFS mounted from another
machine.  It seems this is not feasible with current version of APT.  So
later I have umount the NFS directory, then everything works fine.  In my
opinion it would be very nice if the "archives" directory could be NFS
mounted.

Regards

Gong Wei (CCENet)