Re: gdselect alpha 3 [libapt]

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> I'm actually very surprised that gtk does not offer an owner draw tree
> widget item. That's something that is very important in alot of
> applictions.

Gtk is actually quite young; the fact that it was written for the Gimp
shows. It is not yet what you might hope for every general-purpose
application, though it's pretty nice most of the time.

> The system was designed to run most effeciently with an owner draw tree
> item displaying a portion of the data structure.

OK, I will think about how to do this. Perhaps a CTree hacked to query an
external object for strings to display, instead of storing them itself.
This would actually be fairly simple I guess, except that CTree is a big
and complicated piece of code so it's easy to break something.

Havoc