Re: gnome-apt screenshot, more questions

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> >
> > > Also, this returns "Unknown Priority" a lot; what's up with that?
>
> Oops, this was basically my screwup; I was passing a wrong value when
> there was no available version. However 'kernel-source-2.0.32' in
> 'status11.bo' still seems to produce this error. Looking at the file I
> don't see a priority field, so that must be the problem.

Yes, I see lots of 0 priority fields.. This means the package has no
assigned priority..

And I think that a 0 section field means the package either has no
versions or it simply has no section.

I've looked over all the cases on my system and they seem to be OK..

> Why are some packages in simply 'contrib' and others are in
> 'contrib/admin' or the like?

That would have to be packaging errors

I've also folded in the conversion from a priority to a string, it is
VerIterator::PriorityType (matches CompType and DepType functions)