Re: closer: ash and dselect/apt problem

Hi,
>>"Raul" == Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com> writes:

 >> ash
 Raul> $ read
 Raul> read: arg count
 Raul> $

 Raul> Bash lets you read without specifying a variable to hold the result,
 Raul> ash does not.  I don't know which behavior is posix.

	Hmm. As I read it, the standard seems to require at least one
 operand, var; so in this case ash is strictly correct; however, bash
 is the better candidate for /bin/sh, since it is more
 accomodating. Be generous in what you accept ...

	We should get apt's scripts fixed not to depend on the
 bashism; just change read to read ans all over. Do I need to file a
 formal bug report on apt?

	manoj
--
 "Life begins when you can spend your spare time programming instead
 of watching television." Cal Keegan