Results

Well, I ran the 'dist-upgrade' test through my army of 17 status files and
consider the results to be more than passable. There are perhaps a few
things that could be tweak'd, but they are not terribly important and
fairly hard to do.

This means,
  - Ordering works 100% AFAIK
  - dist-upgrade does all the right things wrt selecting packages for
    removal and installation.
  - I would be amazed to find a bug in the dependancy calculating routines
    they have been tested alot by all this.

The test results are at http://www.debian.org/~jgg/deity/testresults.gz
(19k, expands to 190k)

I have been told there are some bugs in the downloading bit that need
looking at so I think I will work on that now.