Re: Special upgrade rules from rex->bo->hamm

> I don't think we can autodetect the case when someone wants to do a full
> upgrade

Postulate we put a package "debian-release" in the distribution.
We only bump its version number for major releases.
Something in Deity looks for that, and if it finds a newer debian-release
available, tells the user that an upgrade of Debian is available and
presents a dialogue asking if the user wishes to perform a major upgrade.
If you pop in a new CD and run Deity, you'd get this dialogue.

This would be more elegant if package scripts were able to perform package
selection, and if Deity would check for changes in the selections after
running a script. Then you would not need "special" logic, you'd be able
to install a magic package that would do something to your package state.

	Thanks

	Bruce