Updating the tree

Oh,

There is still a major unresolved issue that I am unsure of how to handle.
The tree is generated based on a user specified filter (the list menu),
this means as soon as the user does anything there is the possibility that
some items no longer meet the filter requirements and that more items do
meet the filter requirements.

The problem is what should be done? Right now I do not make any changes to
the tree once it is built from the filter selection, but that is very
useless.

If the tree strictly follows the filter then their are situations where
the user could change a package and have it suddenly disappear! IE: the
filter is set to 'packages to upgrade' and the user deletes a package.

The only sort of thing I can think of is to have the tree add new items
but never erase items and provide a refresh button to flush things that no
longer meet the filter.

How does that sound?