Re: Self Referencing depends

> I suspect a self-referenced "Depends:" is always a bug. However, you also
> reported a bug in the "ddd" package that "Provides:" itself. This type of
> self-reference need not be a bug.

I think it usually happens when a package contains a binary that links
against a library also in that package.  Because of the .shlibs file,
the dependancy is calculated by dpkg-shlibs and gets included in the
depends line.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

      Management should work for the engineers, not the other way around.