Re: Autoinstall, upgrade, etc

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> > > Oh, I just thought of something, when I a package to see it's depends list
> > > will packages only matching the selection critera be shown or will all
> > > packages be shown? A similar question for the 'install as well' field.
> >
> > If I understand your question correctly, the keywords only affect the
> > selection list.  If a package is to be "installed as well", whether or
> > not it is in the selection list is irrelavent.  It should be shown in
> > the "installed as well" column.
>
> Hm, typo 'when I a' => 'when I expand a package'

Ah!  When you expand a package (i.e. so all
dependencies/recommends/suggests are shown on the lines below the
package) then all dependencies/recommends/suggests are shown.  The
keywords only affect the top level packages that are shown to the user.

Similarly for the "installed as well" column. All
dependencies/recommends/suggests that are to be installed as well are
listed there.  The way you modify this is by expanding the package as
per above.

Is that clearer?

> Should the 3rd level of expansion follow the keyword profile or be
> independant?

Independant.

Thanks,

Behan