Re: How to diagram the cache file structures?

Hi,
>>"Jason" == Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:

Jason> I've been wondering how to make a diagram of the cache file
Jason> structure. It is unfortunately something that is not
Jason> simple. There are 7 structures and some of them have 3 linked
Jason> lists moving through them (are members of 3 linked lists). That
Jason> makes a simple 2d representation very difficult?

	Well, traditionally this is done by either snipping some links
 (and labeling the snipped ends as being joined) or by making multiple
 2D "projections".

Jason> The entire thing acts as a single large datastructure, you can
Jason> get from any structure type to any other type with at most 3
Jason> hops..

Jason> Any thoughts?

	I think I'm going to extract Bo's CVS binary into
 /usr/local/bin and try to log into the CVS server again. It's about
 time I looked at the sources.

	manoj
--
 "If we fail to draw the line in Vietnam we may find ourselves
 compelled to draw a defense line as far back as Seattle and Alaska,
 J. Dodd, February 23, 1965