Re: Design Documents

Hi,

	I think I have come up with a suggestion for the user
 interface. On the selection list pane, how about the following
 columns:
del keep inst   Package up/down/new  Version  Depends-On   Conflicts  Dependents

 The last two fields are not there currently.

	That way, a new package, if it conflicts with a package X, and
 we want to install it, should mark X for removal.

	For any package with dependents, if we mark it for removal
 (user action or automatic), then the dependencies also get marked for
 removal.

	I'll work out a logic for the order of removal etc.

	manoj
--
 "Laws don't work, unless they merely codify generally accepted
 behavior, in which case they are probably unnecessary."