Compiling on a libc6 system

Hi,

	I bit the bullet and am trying to get a compiled version of
 deity (I am trying to set up a test environment for coding the
 ordering stuff).

	I noticed that README.build says:
[2a] Since libc6 "Replaces: gettext", and has its own builtin gettext,
you will need a gettext which can install to altdev locations. There
are patches against the GNU gettext 0.10.27 (available from
alpha.gnu.ai.mit.edu) available at http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/deity.

	Since hamm does not seem to know about any gettext package, I
 figured I needed to build my own (I intend to place this in
 user/local with --program-prefix=g); however, I did not find any such
 pactches (maybe I did not look hard enough?)

	I do, however, have gettext-0.10.32.tar.gz, is that good
 enough? What do people with libc6 systems do? Also, I noticed
 libtool-1.0h upstream; the version I have installed is 1.0c.

	Oh, BTW: Merry christmas.

	manoj
--
 Save the whales.  Collect the whole set.