Re: Threads

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I think POSIX threads are cool, for _LATER_. Functionality before
> optimization, please.

Ah, but it's quite difficult to add on later. As things get bigger the
amount of changes required to properly add locks to the widget set gets
considerably higher, and more tricky.

It might save some time, or it might not. Writing spagetti code based
around a select loop is not as simple to write as a simple linear thread.

If I knew right now how many sections of code will require blocking with
the select loop and access to the widget set I could be more definate, but
right now I suspect it is a good idea..