Re: Design Document: Version 0.01

Hi,

	Ok, the extra field that points to a PackageFile structure
 takes care of identifying the source.

	If a package file contains foo version 2, and another package
 file contains foo version 3, and foo version 1 is installed, then
 irrespective of the order of reading package files I should get foo
 upgraded from version 1 to version 3. This is not likely to happen
 often, so invoking the version camparison routine should not slow
 things down much.

	Even though the Parser/Raw Store module is not mentioned in
 the diagram, it should be mentioned in the modules list (Section 3),
 and the textual description of the diagram it self (I think I have
 nearly reached my level of creativity with ascii graphics). I think
 pkgElmPkgList parser/store class should be mentioned in the design
 document of the backing store module; when we get that far.

	At the moment I think we should define the external entry
 points for all the modules identified. This would allow us to develop
 the modules separately; as long as the API is respected, it does not
 matter what is inside any module. The API's should further help
 clarify the data flow model, and vice versa.

	I'll change the bit about dpkg using the avail file, and try
 to flesh out the requirements a bit tomorrow.

	manoj

--
 A lot of the stuff I do is so minimal, and it's designed to be
 minimal. The smallness of it is what's attractive.  It's weird,