Re: apt needs to have a security.debian.org deb entry by default

On Monday 11 October 1999, at 13 h 12, the keyboard of Joe Block
<jpb@creol.ucf.edu> wrote:

> install, it occurred to me that it would be nice if apt included by default a
> deb entry for the security updates at security.debian.org.

security.debian.org may include tools with very few testing. I'm not sure it is a good idea. Normal security updates, for normal people, are intended to be done by "stable"'s updates (yes, I know nobody really cares about "slink", I regret it), not by RedHat's method of having a separate upload for security updates.