Re: boot floppies 2.2.0 expected within 72 hours

David Coe wrote:
> If we can have netselect available, I think we should use it to
> put the available mirrors in order, perhaps after grouping them
> by mirror type.  Then tell the user to select the first one
> of the desired type unless s/he knows better (and in CRITICAL mode,
> just do it).

Well netselect isn't on the base system, and adding it for this little thing
would probably be bloat. It'd also only work if you were on the net as soon
as your new debian system boots, which limits it to people on LAN's.

However, the aptconf script I wrote will also work after the initial
boot, and it could certianly use netselect at that point.

--
see shy jo