Xfce needs gvfs-backends to read phone memory (mtp)

After install debian 12 (but also debian 11) with xfce, I immediately noticed that if I connect my android phone nothing appeared in thunar (while gnome notified me that I had
inserted a device).
So I was unable to open the files in the internal memory of my phone.
Looking on internet, I solved it by installing the "gvfs-backends" package.
Now I wonder, shouldn't this package be installed by default...
I repeat, in other desktop that I've tried, there was no need to search and install
any other package to read the phone memory correctly.
Regards
Teo