x2goagent: high CPU load with Xfce 4.16

Dear lists,

I am experiencing problems with X2Go on a virtual server machine I am connecting to. The process x2goagent on the server has high CPU usage (nearly 100%) when connecting with x2goclient and selecting Xfce as desktop environment.

CPU load of x2goagent on the server remains normal when selecting LXDE or MATE in the x2goclient connection.

When I downgrade Xfce 4.16 back to Xfce 4.12 from stable, the CPU load of x2goagent remains low, as expected.

I reproduced this with a newly created VM running Debian testing.
Currently I'm not sure if this is a bug in Xfce or X2Go.

Regards,
Stefan

#####

installed x2go and xfce packages: