[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#849578: task-xfce-desktop: Why you use the vlc player in the task-xfce-desktop meta package?
- Subject: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#849578: task-xfce-desktop: Why you use the vlc player in the task-xfce-desktop meta package?
- From: bubulle at debian.org (Christian PERRIER)
- Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 07:58:46 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <e1l8nOotplurVIxTrKgyqrEroMlx6Kza@mail.smart-mail.de>
- References: <e1l8nOotplurVIxTrKgyqrEroMlx6Kza@mail.smart-mail.de>
Quoting J?rgen G?ricke (bugreport at smart-mail.de):
> Package: task-xfce-desktop
> Version: 3.39
> Severity: wishlist
> Dear Maintainer,
> why you use the vlc player in the task-xfce-desktop meta package instead
> the parole player from xfce project directly?
> The advantages from parole player are, you don't need Qt dependencies from
> vlc player. The parole player is written in Gtk+, runnig fine and need
> the gstreamer framework only.
> Please do set the parole player as default player in the
> task-xfce-desktop meta package.
> Many thanks!
Thank you for your suggestion.
It should be discussed with people who package Xfce in Debian
(CC'ed). For most desktop tasks, the content of the tack is determined
by the relevant team. The tasksel maintainers (or what's left of them)
only apply their recommendations.
Please keep all addresses but me when answering this mail (I'll
receive anwswers through the bug tracking system anyway).
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: not available