[Pkg-xfce-devel] connection to the D-BUS daemon no longer works

Control: reassign -1 lightdm 1.18.2-1
Control: retitle -1 lightdm 1.18.2-1 breaks D-BUS / gconf

On 2016-07-04 14:07:15 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> Not sure where the bug is exactly. The dbus related packages have
> not been upgraded for several weeks, and the problem is new. In the
> recent upgrades, there was systemd (to 230-5).

Downgrading to systemd 230-3 (which was OK) doesn't solve the problem.
But downgrading lightdm / liblightdm-gobject-1-0 to 1.18.1-1 solves
it. So, the bug is there. I didn't notice it before, because it seems
that I had done a single X login after upgrading and rebooting the
machine (the problem occurs only at the second login).

To reproduce:

1. (Re)boot the machine.
2. Log in.
3. Run emacs24 from a terminal. Everything is fine.
4. Log out.
5. Log in again.
6. Run emacs24 from a terminal. This gives gconf warnings.

Note: in case this matters, my window manager is fvwm.

--
Vincent Lef?vre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>