[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#790347: Bug#790347: lightdm: visiting googlemaps with iceweasel boosts the cpu usage up to almost 100% and makes the machine almost unusable
- Subject: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#790347: Bug#790347: lightdm: visiting googlemaps with iceweasel boosts the cpu usage up to almost 100% and makes the machine almost unusable
- From: corsac at debian.org (Yves-Alexis Perez)
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 22:37:47 -0700
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20150822053746.GC19476@scapa.corsac.net>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
control: tag -1 unreproducible moreinfo
On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 11:56:53AM +0100, olsen wrote:
> Package: lightdm
> Version: 1.10.3-3
> Severity: important
> Dear Maintainer,
> *** Reporter, please consider answering these questions, where appropriate ***
> * What led up to the situation?
> browsing websites like googlemaps slows down my computer, htop indicates
> USER: 'root' CPU: '98%' Command: '/usr/bin/X :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch'
> * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
> opening googlemaps e.g.
> * What was the outcome of this action?
> severe cut down of computer's performance
> * What outcome did you expect instead?
> less cpu usage, same process on other website like
> http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html ranges between 3-8%
Why exactly are you reporting this against lightdm?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 473 bytes
Desc: Digital signature