[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#782011: Bug#782011:
- Subject: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#782011: Bug#782011:
- From: corsac at debian.org (Yves-Alexis Perez)
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 22:31:33 -0700
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20150822053132.GA19476@scapa.corsac.net>
- In-reply-to: <CAP-bSRby8+0coZ0ouAUz-WvtL_gLYzR9zQb=R_nGXxWkSRYULw@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAP-bSRby8+0coZ0ouAUz-WvtL_gLYzR9zQb=R_nGXxWkSRYULw@mail.gmail.com>
control: tag -1 upstream wontfix
On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 02:13:27PM +0100, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
> Package: lightdm
> Version: 1.10.3-3
> Severity: wishlist
> gdm3 now puts the Xorg log in systemd journal (a Debian specific patch
> from bug #765771 also keeps the old style logs).
> It would be nice for consistency if lightdm also logged Xorg to the
> system journal, otherwise users might be confused as to why a command
> like `journalctl /usr/bin/Xorg` does not work on some Debian desktops.
That's something for upstream anyway.
But I personnaly don't see why lightdm should specifically log to
journalct actually. Maybe it should log stuff to syslog directly, but I
don't think depending on journalctl is the right thing to do.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 473 bytes
Desc: Digital signature