[Pkg-xfce-devel] Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 03:26:20PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> I wonder if you still missed my point: Concern is not if computers are
> capable of reading DVDs, but the *bandwith* burden of installing and
> maintaining a larger desktop versus a smaller one.

This feels like shifting goalposts. The initial change to XFCE mentioned
the install size and that for some countries. A reply was given
specifically on this matter from someone with knowledge on various
affected countries. It was mentioned that install size is not so much of
a concern.

Now suddenly it is about bandwidth usage? That is not what was said
initially. Further, I'd like to see you provide more details on the
higher bandwidth usage that GNOME apparently has vs XFCE and how much it
impacts these countries.
--
Regards,
Olav