[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#687332: Bug#739460: openscenegraph: diff for NMU version 3.2.0~rc1-5.1

On 18.05.2014 06:24, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
> Hi Reinhard,
> 2014-05-17 22:30 GMT+01:00 Reinhard Tartler <siretart at tauware.de>:
>> Package: openscenegraph
>> Version: 3.2.0~rc1-5
>> Severity: normal
>> Tags: patch pending
>> Dear maintainer,
>> I've prepared an NMU for openscenegraph (versioned as 3.2.0~rc1-5.1) and
>> uploaded it to DELAYED/02. Please feel free to tell me if I
>> should delay it longer.
> The patch provided for the older bug (687332) was sent only a week
> ago, part of the information/testing provided based on a derivative
> and not Debian, with not very popular desktops/setups, and (original
> author said) "untested" and "not sure if this should be considered an
> openscenegraph bug or an Xfce bug" .
> The patch might fix the issue for flightgear, but it can have
> widespread consequences and may beak other applications within Debian
> or in user's systems using the library for other purposes which happen
> to rely on this behaviour, so it's not something to include lightly
> and without asking upstream, for example.
> The package is not unmaintained, so you should not include fixes for
> minor bugs unrelated to the main purpose of fixing the RC/important
> bugs in general.  See "How confident are you about your changes?" in
> the NMU section of Developer Reference Guide.
> So, can you please remove that change in the NMU, if you want to keep
> the NMU at all?

Sure, I've just canceled the NMU.
> Apart from that, the NMU was reopened ~7 days ago without any
> explanation about the transition until ~5 days ago (Sebastian
> Ramacher).  It would not have hurt to ask first about the plans to fix
> the RC bug (which we were already discussing in private and group
> mailing lists), or give more than 2 days period, specially if you are
> including more changes than for the RC bug.

Well, that's exactly what Sebastian did in 
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=739460#44, without 
visible response.

So what are your plans regarding #739460?

FYI, in https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=739079#82, 
proposed a timeline that allows 0-days NMUs for bugs like #739460 
starting from tomorrow.

Thanks for responding and keeping the bugs with up-to-date information.


Reply to: