[Pkg-xfce-devel] xfce desktop

Is there any way to move several file icons at once on the desktop? I know how to move them in the ~/Desktop folder. I'm talking about the desktop that shows upon boot. I've even used CRTL and selected several icons but only the first selected moves. Also being able to move items directly to the desktop instead of having to open 2 file manager windows to do so would be preferred. Of course the option to do it either way is always good.

Thanks,
Dave