[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#642551: xflock4 does not lock the screen using gnome-screensaver
- Subject: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#642551: xflock4 does not lock the screen using gnome-screensaver
- From: mrpouit at gmail.com (Lionel Le Folgoc)
- Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 20:48:59 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20110923184859.GA2570@urgo.lefolgoc.net>
- In-reply-to: <20110923164746.GI3955@rantanplan.org>
- References: <20110923164746.GI3955@rantanplan.org>
Thanks for your bug report. Next time, please use reportbug, as
described at <http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting>. That way, your mail
won't be lost nor forgotten, and will contain required information
(debian release, package version, etc.).
On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 06:47:47PM +0200, Mario Koppensteiner wrote:
> the command xflock4 does not lock the screen if gnome-screensaver is used.
> the problem is caused by the command: pgrep gnome-screensaver
> this command returns false even if there is a process with the name pgrep is looking for.
> $ ps aux | grep gnome-screensaver | grep -v grep
> userid 16680 0.0 0.3 28972 6708 ? Ss 17:54 0:00 gnome-screensaver
> $ pgrep gnome-screensaver ; echo $?
> $ pgrep gnome-screensav ; echo $?
> A workaround could be to cut the process name so it does not exceed 16 character.
> sincerely yours
> Mario Koppensteiner
I guess 'pgrep -f gnome-screensaver' is better than cutting down the
program name. ;-)