[Pkg-xfce-devel] Fixing bug 374618
- Subject: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Fixing bug 374618
- From: corsac at corsac.net (Yves-Alexis Perez)
- Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 22:36:24 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20070422155050.GD25001@paranoidfreak.co.uk>
- References: <20060722133342.GA11644@darkmoon.home> <1153577004.26704.3.camel@hidalgo> <20060726115154.GC28643@nighthawk.chemicalconnection.dyndns.org> <1153916916.26897.2.camel@hidalgo> <20070422155050.GD25001@paranoidfreak.co.uk>
On dim, 2007-04-22 at 16:50 +0100, Simon Huggins wrote:
> I spoke to Michael Banck on IRC. It seems that kill is usually in
> /usr/bin/kill on Hurd
> He's filed #380387 about moving kill to /usr/bin but until then
> something like:
> if [ ! -x $KILL ]; then
> # Probably Hurd
> in every postinst that uses kill should be ok shouldn't it? (and then
> substituing /bin/kill for $KILL of course.
> If anyone has a nicer way or agrees/disagrees then do speak up.
I'm ok with this, but do we remember why we can't use directly "kill"
and let the system decide which kill it'll use? Shell builtin I guess,
but maybe there's a way not to use it while still don't precise the