[Pkg-xfce-devel] xfce4-panel cannot be customized without completely breaking functionality

Hi Kyle!

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:01:39PM +0800, Kyle Pearson wrote:
> On 5/16/06, Simon Huggins <huggie@earth.li> wrote:
> >A crashing panel with the weather plugin is likely to be down to that
> >plugin.
> However, i can now confirm -- and i don't know if this is a panel
> fault or not, i'm not a coder -- that installation of the weather
> plugin causes a segfault, apparently in glibc, and if the
> panel+weather configuration gets saved (i.e. -- by shutting down
> before any crash occurs), then upon re-opening the desktop the panel
> doesn't appear, and cannot be restarted from the console.  At this
> time, it returns this error message:

> *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x083a3a18 ***
> Aborted
[..]
> I'm sorry for bothering y'all with this.  I suppose i should search out the
> weather-plugin package and report it there?

Well we deal with the weather plugin too.  We know it can be dodgy at
times - there are bugs on it already.  There is a new version of the
panel the 4.4 release which doesn't allow plugins to corrupt the panel
rather if the plugin falls over, that's all that falls over.

This will hopefully enter unstable soon depending on the libraries
passing out of NEW.

Then we'll be able to get proper bug reports on the weather plugin and
hopefully identify and fix that up.

Simon.

--
oOoOo     <Lefinnois> alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.loststory      oOoOo
 oOoOo  <Bastien> http://alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.loststory  oOoOo