[Pkg-xfce-devel] Debian sid and etch artwork.

On 8/1/06, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@corsac.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 12:19 -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> > [ Unfortunately the cross-posting is necessary, but hopefully after a
> > online meeting we will have a separated mailing list ]
> >
> > I would like to discuss with you the Debian sid and etch artwork
> > infrastructure and after that the artwork itself. The plan is organize
> > a online meeting, but we can kick off it here and define our agenda.
>
> Yeah, I guess we should setup some alioth project + mailing list, and
> maybe an irc channel (#debian-desktop ?)

I've received some feedback off-lists, and i think we can do this in
#debian-meeting @ irc.oftc.net. date and time to be announced really
soon, but the plan is follow the debian-installer procedure if nobody
tell us otherwise.

> (...)
> > - Ask artists to work on a common wallpaper for Sid and Etch and three
> > different splash images and add these images in desktop-base;
>
> I don't really know if we should have one common wallpaper for all
> environnments. If we had a common template with (for example) the logo
> of each environmment, wouldn't it be better ?

I think that minor changes wouldn't hurt yes, but keep in mind that
instead two images (etch and sid) we will start with six wallpapers. I
don't really care if the size is sane, the artwork looks good and
we've rules for the following changes.

> > - Ask artists to work on gdm and kdm themes based on the common wallpapers;
>
> agreed

I would like to point out that this is based as in 'following the
guidelines' and not really looking like the wallpapers as Joss pointed
out on irc.

> (...)
> > Related wiki article: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktopArtwork
> >
> > I think in a online meeting we can discuss the details, who will do
> > what and define some more stuff like icon themes and all that.
> > Thoughts?
>
> Yeah, I guess we should find some time to discuss this, but I don't
> really know who is online at the moment and when do we have free-time.
> There are currently 3 greatly implicated members in pkg-xfce (Emanuele
> Rocca, Simon Huggins and me, with some other members which may be happy
> to participate). For the schedule, we are all three of us from Europe
> (but ema is in holidays :) )

That would be good if at least you and Simon show up in the meeting then.

pkg-kde and Ryan, thoughts about the subject? It seems that pkg-xfce
and pkg-gnome agree with the meeting for further discussions. Could
you confirm too?

thanks,
-- stratus