[Pkg-xfce-devel] Xinerama

Hi Jani,

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 02:57:28PM +0200, Jani Monoses wrote:
> > Sorry, which packages don't have up to date config.sub/config.guess?
> > I thought upstream had fixed this now.
> Upstream xfce or autotools? I know there was talk of the latter going
> to fix this but I don't know the status or what the fix entails.

> Most xfce packages have the following in debian/rules

> ifneq "$(wildcard /usr/share/misc/config.sub)" ""
>         cp -f /usr/share/misc/config.sub config.sub
> endif
> ifneq "$(wildcard /usr/share/misc/config.guess)" ""
>         cp -f /usr/share/misc/config.guess config.guess
> endif

> and those two files in /usr/share/misc are installed by autotools-dev.

> I may be missing something but for some reason or another we needed to
> explicitely depend on autotools-dev lest there are spurious autoconf
> diffs among package revisions.

Ahhh, no.  Sorry you managed to confuse me.

We should never depend on autotools-dev *BUT* should always have it
installed before the person who uploads builds them.

All of our diffs for 4.2.3 contain new config.subs:
[huggie@bounce /mnt/data/sid-chroot/pkg-xfce/desktop/trunk/build-area]$
zegrep -L '^+++.*config.sub$' *.diff.gz
[huggie@bounce /mnt/data/sid-chroot/pkg-xfce/desktop/trunk/build-area]$

> > > and also libxinerama-dev to the packages which config with

> > > ping?
> > Again, which packages have enable-xinerama and don't have the right
> > libs available?  Surely this would blow up at build time if this were
> > the case.
> You're right it's only libxfce4gui that uses xinerama, and also
> xfce-utils which disables its use.  but for the former there's no
> libxinerama-dev build dependency listed in the control file or
> xinerama runtime dep listed here
> http://packages.debian.org/testing/libs/libxfcegui4-3 (it is at
> version 4.2.2 still)

Hmm this does look wrong.  I'll have a look at this later but I don't
understand why if we explicitly enable it, it doesn't blow up during
configure.

I don't have two screens to test it with though.  Anyone got a Xinerama
setup onlist running unstable/testing?

Simon.

--
 -+//  "You mean have our drink before dinner, after dinner, freshen   \\+-
-+<<    up and go to bed?" "If you could, it would make things a lot    >>+-