[Pkg-xfce-devel] Re: xfce4-panel: All windows move about randomly in sawfish if desktop switcher is clicked
- Subject: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Re: xfce4-panel: All windows move about randomly in sawfish if desktop switcher is clicked
- From: cyril.brulebois at enst-bretagne.fr (Cyril Brulebois)
- Date: Thu Aug 18 20:46:07 2005
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20050818201543.GG19971@melo.dyndns.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <[🔎] E1E0Nbbfirstname.lastname@example.org> <20050818173511.GA27930@melo.dyndns.org> <email@example.com>
(@Xfce maintainers: I asked Paul Evans for howto switch to Sawfish, in
order to collect infos about #321140.)
Paul Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org> (18/08/2005):
> Thanks.. :)
No need to thank, see below :/
> pkill xfwm4 && ( sawfish || xfwm4 )
While returning to xfwm4, I've done the same after all name switching,
but xfw4 doesn't start from a "screen" :D Then restarted my X session :D
> The choice of WM is one thing xfce remembers in its session persistance
> logic, so if you want to keep that change permanent, simply log out and
> tick the "save settings" box. You can always switch back to xfwm4 later
> on, using the same trick again.
Ok, thanks for your very clear explanations.
But I didn't manage to reproduce the bug. I've seen no problem,
switching window from desktops, and so on. Really no problem. It can be
due to the architecture. See  for architecture-dependant troubles.
(The last 2 mails are sufficient.)
Maybe an optional library is missing, and causing you troubles.
I really don't know what to do for helping.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-xfce-devel/attachments/20050818/4ab9c575/attachment.pgp