[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#304844: Can't change settings- 'No such plugin "xfcalendar"'
- Subject: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#304844: Can't change settings- 'No such plugin "xfcalendar"'
- From: cyril.brulebois at enst-bretagne.fr (Cyril Brulebois)
- Date: Tue Aug 16 17:09:22 2005
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20050816164930.GA13002@melo.dyndns.org>
- In-reply-to: <20050623134838.GA32184@melo.dyndns.org>
- References: <E1DMYMj-0000BFfirstname.lastname@example.org> <20050623134838.GA32184@melo.dyndns.org>
tags 304844 patch
Cyril Brulebois <email@example.com> (23/06/2005):
> Just after installing xfcalendar, I got the same problem. It seems that:
> 1. killall xfce-mcs-manager
> 2. xfce-mcs-manager
> is enough to make it work correctly. Maybe is there something to do
> after xfcalendar's installation? Such as sending a signal to
> xfce-mcs-manager notifying to reload the configuration, and/or writting
> its presence on an "available plugins" list?
Hi back. I haven't read (enough). Here the workaround:
* reading the man page of xfce-mcs-manager, we are redirected to the
upstrem documentaion located at ;
* quoting it:
"After installing a new package that provides a settings dialog, you
can make the manager reread its configuration by sending a SIGUSR1
$ pkill -USR1 xfce-mcs-manager
That's why I'd like to suggest adding it in a postinst script. Therefore
my adding the patch tag.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-xfce-devel/attachments/20050816/1482de9c/attachment.pgp