[Pkg-xfce-devel] xfce4 4.2.1 powerpc and goodies

Hello Rudy,

* Rudy Godoy <rudy@kernel-panik.org>, [2005-04-21  3:17 -0500]:
>  I've
>  managed to get Xfce4 experimental packages sucessfully compiled and
>  installed on powerpc, they run smoothly.

Nice.

>  I've also commited the /debian files for xkb-plugin, it passed all
>  tests. Here, I want to point out that some packages need to add
>  libtool and automake dependency so they cannot FTBS on pbuilder or
>  buildds, I had this issue when building xkb-plugin on pbuilder. What
>  do you think in regards to this issue?

Same here with -genmon-plugin (recently added to the repository).
Linda complains about this solution, while lintian is happy.

A quick grep in the repository shows that -weather-plugin,
-fsguard-plugin and -cpugraph-plugin are the only packages lacking
libtool and automake build dependencies (and -weather at least fails to
build from source under pbuilder...)

>  Well, my plans are to work on building some goodies under 4.2.1 libs
>  so they can be used together with the current packages at
>  experimental, at least for those which are now in unstable.

I thought about this problem too.
Is it a valid idea to upload to experimental a recompiled new revision
of every goodie with 4.2.1 libs?

ciao,
	ema