Re: [Git][xorg-team/lib/mesa][debian-unstable] rules: Disable vulkan swrast, it's getting used instead of the native driver.

On 7.1.2021 13.22, Witold Baryluk wrote:
Hi Timo.

Do you know what apps is this happening with that causes problems?
lavapipe does expose itself as DEVICE_TYPE_CPU, but it is likely
some apps don't inspect the type properly. Would be interesting
know which these are to investigate it properly.

Of course, it can be solve with the VK_LAYER_MESA_device_select
but also obviously we can't make every user need to use it.

Maybe a better option is to package swrast into a own package?

mesa-vulkan-swrast-driver?

Thanks.

Hi, according to irc everything (starting from vkinfo, vkcube), so we can't ship it. And doing a separate package doesn't sound like a good idea, loader/mesa just need to be fixed.