Re: Request for newer mesa,llvm packages in stretch backports

Hi Stuart,

libclc-dev 0.2.0+git20180312-1 is not in testing yet. So I did not tried to build and then upload it to backports.
I will do it ASAP, after it is pushed to testing.

I also tried to push mesa 17.3.9 to backports, but I made a mistake and pushed to the wrong queue :)
I suppose I need to wait it is rejected to try again !

Regards,
Jérémy

Hi All,

I've been building just the mesa source package locally now against stretch-backports since mesa 17.3.7 and the build process just works.

Since all the build dependencies are now in stretch-backports, what else needs to be done to get mesa into stretch-backports?

I note that Timo (?) created a branch in salsa which contains Jérémy's backport that was submitted to mentors, so that would probably want to be updated to 17.3.9 (which should hopefully hit testing in ~2 days).

One other thing:

Since mesa-18.1.0 is supposedly coming mid-May (according to the release plan from https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2018-April/191388.html ), I decided to see if I could build 18.0.1 source pkg from experimental against stretch-backports.

The only thing that appears to be missing in stretch-backports is libclc-dev (>= 0.2.0+git20180312-1~). Currently stretch-backports has 0.2.0+git20171106-1~bpo9+1. Everything else seems to be there.

--
Stuart Young (aka Cefiar)